Lily has really come into her own this year. She is a great pointing lab that has won several field trials. We are fine tuning her now for waterfowl hunting and blind retrieves.
Lily’s strengths lie in her marking ability and desire to please her handler.
- Drive/Desire: Lily totally bought into the hunt test game. We have created a monster. Lily lives to run hunt tests! Big leaping water entries are her calling card.
- Build: Lily is a midsize dog, weighing in at 65lbs. She is gracefully with her movement and is great to have with you in a blind or on a boat. She is a fantastic upland field dog with several awards, she is a true pleasure to take pheasant hunting.
- Marking: By far Lily’s strongest attribute. I don’t know what else to tell you about it, she watches a bird goes down and remembers the piece of grass it fell behind.
- Handling: Lily handles like a dream. Her desire to please makes for a dog that doesn’t want to fight you – or think she knows better than you were the bird landed.
- Hunting: Here at Ultimate Gun Dog, we believe a retriever’s hunting skills are the most important trait a retriever.
Retrieve and desire
Calmness & Off Switch